October 12 - December 18, 2018 Mexico, Mumbai, Singapore, Goa
Schedule for Adishakti
December 1 - 24, 2018 Aurangabad
Schedule for Mahagami and Parwati Dutta.
- 1 & 2 Dec:Aura Aurangabad concerts at Mahagami Gurukul, 7-8pm.
- 8 & 9 Dec: Aura Aurangabad concerts at Mahagami Gurukul, 7-8pm
- 15 &16 Dec:VAYAM, 2nd Edition showcasing Kathak & Odissi
performances by Mahagami disciples (past & present) and Solo Kathak
& Odissi by Parwati Dutta
Guest dancers - Sudha Mukhopadhyay & Mamta Maharaj, at Mahagami
- 17 Dec: Kathak workshop by Mamta Maharaj at Mahagami, jointly organised by Mahagami & Nritya Bodhi Initiative.
2.30 - 5pm : Advanced leaners, 5.30 - 8pm - beginners
- 22 to 24 Dec: Workshop on Dhrupadaangi Kathak by Parwati Dutta, full-day residential
Contact: email@example.com or Mahagami office
December 1 - 29, 2018 Hyderabad, Gujarat
- Dec 1: Murali Mohan & Nandini Mehta perform Kathak for KALA -SAMARPAN, organized by Tatvamasi Centre for Performing Arts.
Venue: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Himayatnagar, Hyderabad, 6:30pm. All are welcome.
- Dec 23 – 28: Murali Mohan and Nandini Mehta conduct a 6-day KATHAK WORKSHOP.
at Kalakshetra, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
- Dec 29: NADAM & Kalakshetra organize the 3RD GURU DHARAMSHI SHAH UTSAV
featuring "Bhakthi Manjari" by Nrityanjali group (USA),choreographed by
Guru Meena Telikicherla, and Kathak by NADAM ensemble and Kalakshetra
Venue: Baal Pamrat, Dakshina Murhy Baal Mandir, Bhavnagar, 8pm onwards. All are welcome.
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.nadam.in
December 2 - 31, 2018 Bhopal, Mumbai, Kerala, Karnataka
Schedule for Vyjayanthi Kashi & Shambhavi Dance Ensemble.
2nd Dec: Vyjayanthi Kashi & Shambhavi Dance Ensemble present PARAMA PURUSHA
Venue: Madhya Pradesh Sangrahlay, Bhopal, 6:30pm
- 15th Dec: Vyjayanthi Kashi talks on ‘Burning soul of the dancer in the real world’
Venue: Maxis-Taj Airport Hotel, Mumbai, 11am
- 23rd Dec: Vyjayanthi Kashi & Shambhavi Dance Ensemble present NRITYA NAMANA at Kundapura, 8pm
- 23rd Dec: Prateeksha Kashi presents KUCHIPUDI VAIBHAVAM at Palakkad, Kerala,
- 24th Dec: Vyjayanthi Kashi presents a solo Kuchipudi recital as part
of Krishna Gana Sabha's 63rd Art & Pongal Dance Festival
Venue: Krishna Gana Sabha, Chennai, 7pm to 8:30 pm
- 31st Dec: Shambhavi Dance Ensemble presents RUDRAMA DEVI
Venue: Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Bengaluru, 8pm - 8:30pm
December 4 - 28, 2018 Odisha, Mumbai
Schedule for Ileana Citaristi & Art Vision.
- Dec 4, Konark: Art Vision performs two choreography by Dr Ileana
Citaristi at the 33rd Konark Dance Festival organised by Dept of
Tourism, Government of Odisha, at Konark Sun temple. The first item
presented is REFUGEE with script by Devdas Chhotray and music by
Laxmikant Palit and the second GANGA YAMUNA based on sloka from Kalidasa
's Raghuvansa with music by Gopala Panda.
- Dec 12 to 16, Mumbai: Ileana Citaristi takes part in the 2nd World
Congress of Dance organised by the Dadar-Mumbai section of CID at
Taj Airport Hotel, Mumbai. She will hold a workshop on the 13th morning
at 11.30 am ‘In step with Odissi’ and perform on the 15th evening at
ISCON Temple , 6,30 pm. as part of ‘Performances by stalwarts.’
- Dec 27, Bhubaneswar: Ileana Citaristi will chair the Seminar on
Jayantika organised by Odissi Research Centre as part of the Odissi
International Dance festival at Rabindra Mandap, 10.30am to 1.30pm.
- Dec 28, Bhubaneswar: Minati Mohapatra, senior student of Art Vision,
performs in Odissi International Dance Festival organised by ORC at
Rabindra Mandap, 6.30 pm.
December 7, 30 & 31, 2018 Bangalore, Chennai, Kerala
Schedule for Madhu Nataraj & Stem Dance Kampni
-7th Dec, Bangalore: The Kampni conducts a lecture demonstration on the
'Evolution of Indian Dance Heritage' for a multi-national delegation,
-30th Dec, Chennai: Madhu Nataraj presents a lecture demonstration on
the topic- "Bhaav in Kathak- History Reimagined" at the Natya Kala
- 31st Dec, Kovalam, Kerala: Site specific choreography at theTaj Kovalam.
December 8 - 22, 2018 Thane, Pune, Bhubaneswar
Schedule for Uma Dogra and disciples.
- Dec 8, Thane: 'BHAVANJALI, 70th Birth Anniversary celebration of Pt.
Durgalal featuring Student of Uma Dogra school of Kathak – Kathak,
Swarada Bhave - Bharatanatyam, Rahul Acharaya : Odissi
Venue: kashighanekar Mini Hall Thane, 4.30pm
- Dec 16, Bhubaneswar: Kathak solo by Uma Dogra, for Bharat Muni Festival, organised by Kalingayana Touryatrikam
Venue: Rabindra Mandap, 6.30pm
- Dec 22, Pune: Kathak workshop by Uma Dogra
- Dec 23, Pune: Film screening of NIRVANA THROUGH DANCE, a film on Pt. Durgalal.
e-mail: email@example.com / website: www.umadogra.com
December 9 - 23, 2018 Mumbai
Schedule of Smitalay and Jhelum Paranjape for December 2018.
- 9th Dec, Sunday: Solo Odissi performance by Jhelum Paranjape for Sangeet Samaagam Trust Festival at Bhavans, Andheri, 7pm.
- 21st Dec, Friday: NCPA’s Umang presents promising artistes Sukanya
Kumar (Bharatanatyam) & Rupali Kadam (Odissi, student of Smitalay)
at Little Theatre, NCPA, 5pm.
- 23rd Dec, Sunday: Performance by Smitalay for Golden Jubilee
Celebrations of Ramakrishna Sharada Samiti at St. Andrews Auditorium,
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org / (022) - 26616398/5463
December 9, 2018 - January 19, 2019 Chennai
Anitha Guha's Bharathanjali in association with Aim for Seva presents
NANDALALA, a nrithya natakam that chronicles the life of lord Krishna.
It will give the audience the charming night hued lord through
mellifluous compositions of ancient composers like Oothukaadu
Venkatasubaiyar, Purandaradasa, Annamacharya, Surdas, Narayanatheertha,
Meera and Jayadeva along with those penned by current day vidwans like
Neyveli Santhana Gopalan, PR Venkatasubramanian, and Dandibotla
Narayanamurthy. This multilingual production includes seven languages -
Sanskrit, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi, Kannada and Marathi.
Different styles of dance used are folk, Kathak, Kuchipudi, shades of
Kathakali and Mohiniattam apart from Bharatanatyam. It was presented by
14 dancers in the US; now for the Chennai audience 20 dancers
- Dec 9: YGP Auditorium, for Bharat Kalachar, 7.15pm
- Dec 16: Narada Gana Sabha, for Narada Gana Sabha,7pm
- Dec 23: Infosys Hall, for Mudra Fine Arts, 6.30pm
- Dec 25: Sivagami Petachi Auditorium, for Brahma Gana Sabha,7pm
- Dec 29: Krishna Gana Sabha, for Krishna Gana Sabha,7pm
- Jan 13: Vani Mahal, for Thyaga Brahma Gana, 6.30pm
- Jan 19: Narada Gana Sabha, for Parthasarathy Swami Sabha, 6.45pm
For info: email@example.com
December 13 - 27, 2018 Kerala
SNA Kutiyattam Kendra presents the following performances at 4 regular venues:
- Dec 13, 6pm: Kutiyattam by Margi Raman Chakyar, at Koothambalam, Harippad
- Dec 15, 6pm: Kutiyattam by Nepathya Sreehari Chakyar, at I.C.K., Thrippunithura
- Dec 21, 6pm: Kutiyattam by Painkulam Narayana Chakyar, at Changampuzha Park, Edapally
- Dec 27, 6.30pm: Nangiarkoothu by Kalamandalam Krishnendu, Theerthapadamandapam, Thiruvananthapuram
Info: (0471) - 2352121, 2354455
December 14, 2018 Bangalore
Parshwanath S. Upadhye’s Punyah Dance Company premieres its new work
ÄBHÄ – a retelling of Ramayana. Punyah brings premium virtual viewing of
the event - https://shaale.com/live/abha
At: ADA Ranga Mandira Bangalore, 7.15pm.
December 14, 2018 New Delhi
Swaranjali presents MURCHCHANA FESTIVAL 2018 featuring Odissi by Premal
Madina (Riga, Latvia) and Dhrupad recital by Pt Harinath Jaha
At: Triveni Kala Sangam, 6pm
Info: +91 99103 00319 / firstname.lastname@example.org
December 14, 2018 New Delhi
IGNCA screens a film on MYSORE PAINTINGS. Mysore paintings are known for
their harmony, visualization of mythology and splendor of color. The
documentary shows the depth of imagination and attention in detail.
Director: R.Bharathadri, Duration: 56 minutes
At: IGNCA Auditorium, Media Centre, 3, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi
Info: (011) - 23388815
December 14 & 23, 2018 Chennai & Bangalore
Schedule for Kavya Kasinathan, disciple of Mithun Shyam, Vaishnavi Natyashala, Bengaluru.
- 14th Dec, Chennai: Sri Krishna Gana Sabha, 63rd Margazhi Mela 2018, 3.15 - 4.30pm
- 26th Dec, Bangalore: Bangalore Youth Festival, Samudra Arts International, Seva Sadan, Malleswaram, 6pm
Info: 9341248059 / email@example.com
December 14 - 31, 2018 London, Chennai, Delhi, Vijayawada
Schedule for Bala Devi Chandrasekhar
- 14 Dec: Lecture and performance-Margi Tradition of Natya Shastra, Nehru Center, London
- 19 Dec: BRIHADEESWARA: FORM TO FORMLESS - Bhavan, Kilpauk, Chennai, 7pm
- 20 Dec: KARNA: DESTINY'S CHILD - India International Center, Delhi, 7pm
- 22 Dec: Brihadeeswara: Form to Formless- Narada Gana Sabha, Chennai, 7pm
- 29 Dec: Karna: Destiny's Child - Vijayawada Music and Dance College, 6pm
- 31 Dec: Brihadeeswara: Form to Formless- Kartik Fine Arts, Chennai, 5pm
For more info: www.baladevichandrashekar.com
December 15, 2018 Bangalore
Shoonya Art Space/Lshva present Rajika Puri in a "Slide Lecture with
Ballet mime demonstrations: on the 1877 ballet LA BAYADERE or ‘The
Temple Dancer’ which she worked on a reconstruction in Berlin this
October, at 3pm.
December 15, 2018 Mumbai
Taneira presents ANDAL-GIRL POET GODDESS by the Bhakti Collective
featuring Anita Ratnam, Priya Sarukkai Chabria and Geeta Gopalakrishnan.
At: NCPA, Experimental theatre, 7pm to 8.30pm
December 15, 2018 Mumbai
Baithak is a bi-monthly series of program being organised by Kathak
Darpan Cultural Centre, an evening of classical music and dance. In this
4th Baithak in the series, featured are Banaras ang sangeet by Dr
Shailesh Srivastava, (disciple of Pt Rajan and Sajan Mishra), Kathak by
Neha Vaidya from Pune (disciple of Guru Neelima Adhye) and Odissi by
Sanatan Chakravarty, Mumbai (disciple of Guru Jhelum Paranjape).
At: Natanam Studio for Performing Arts, Gala #6, Gate #1, Jagat Satguru
Industrial Estate, Vishweshwar Rd, Goregaon East, Mumbai 400063, 6.30pm
Info: 98200 68181 / firstname.lastname@example.org
December 15, 2018 Thiruvananthapuram
Chitrakutam presents special screening of SARPATATWAM: THE SERPENT
WISDOM, a short documentary based on a dancer’s quest of the serpent
mystique. Directed by Rajesh Kadamba/Methil Devika, produced by
Mukesh/Methil Devika, camera by Vipin Chandran, edited by Alby Nataraj.
Concept, choreography, music adaptation & performance: Methil Devika
At: Ganesham, Thycaud, Thiruvananthapuram, 11.15am
December 15 & 16, 2018 Tirupati & Trichy
M.S.Srilakshmi and team from Natyaranjini Centre for Dance Excellence, Singapore, present Bharatanatyam.
- Dec 15: Naadaneerajanam organised by Sri Tirumala Tirupathi
Devasthanams and SBVC Channel at Tirumala Hills, Tirupati, 6pm-7:30pm
- Dec 16: Ponni Kala Kendra, Trichy, 5:30-7:30pm
December 15 - 23, 2018 Chennai
KADAMBA: THE FLOWERING PATH, the title of the NATYA DARSHAN conference
organized by Kartik Fine Arts has very interesting presentations by
legends, senior dancers, young budding artistes and artistes from allied
fields. The conference concentrates on how Bharatanatyam has evolved,
the purpose and relevance of Bharatanatyam . A peek into the past,
whilst looking at the present to see how the future unfolds. A dancer
cannot stand alone with her knowledge of technique and nuances of Natyam
- she needs to have musicality, knowledge of sculptures, appreciate
poetry, get inspired by a painting....." natyesmin yenna drishyate" says
The pre-events of the conference start from 15th December, inauguration
is on the 21st December and the conference is for two days - 22nd and
23rd December 2018.
Convenor: Priya Murle
December 16, 2018 Palo Alto, CA
Bharatanatyam recital by Meera Srinivasan, Urmila Vudali, Shriya Srinivas
Venue: Cubberly Theater, 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303, 4pm
December 21, 2018 Hyderabad
NAVARASAS IN BUTOH: a dance presentation and discussion by Adam Koan and team, conducted by Sas3’s Dancing feet
At: Lamakhan, Off Road No. 1, Banjara Hills, Opposite GVK One, Hyderabad 500034, 7pm
Info: 9581100063, 8179498469 / email@example.com
December 25, 2018 Bangalore
Jyotsna Vaideeswaran performs at Seva Sadan, Malleswaram, Bangalore, 5pm.
December 25, 2018 Chennai
Shanta Dhananjayan gives a lec- dem on Nritya Karana or Abhinaya
Karana, based on Bharataarnava and Naatyashastra. Sreelatha Vinod
will assist her in the demonstration.
At: Music Academy, Kasturi Srinivasan auditorium, 10am. All are welcome.
December 25, 2018 Bishnupur, West Bengal
Koushik Das presents ABAHANI choreographed by Guru Sharmila Biswas at Bishnupur Festival.
Venue: Bishnupur temple courtyard, Bishnupur, 6.30pm
December 27, 2018 - Jan 1, 2019 Mumbai, Tamilnadu
Viji Prakash and Shakti Dance Company from US, perform at following venues. Entry free.
- Dec 27, Mumbai: Veer Savarkar Auditorium, Dadar West, 6.30pm
- Dec 29, Chennai: Viji Prakash’s disciple Nikita Rao performs at Chinmaya Heritage Centre, Chetput, 2pm
- Dec 31, Chidambaram: Chidambaram temple, thousand pillared hall, 11.30am
- Jan 1, Chennai: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mylapore, 11am
December 28, 2018 Bangalore
Navia Natarajan performs for Ananya Nruthya Neerajana - 10
At: Seva Sadan, Bangalore, 6.30pm
December 28, 2018 Mumbai
Abhinava Dance Company presents "Rasalila" for the Bhagawat Saptah, Mumbai, 6.30pm
For details contact: Indu@abhinavadancecompany.com
December 28, 2018 New Delhi
IGNCA screens a film on KUMBH MELA, the largest gathering in the history
of humankind. It is dynamic, self-regulating and self governing. The
film not only captures the imagination of human society but also the
deeper meaning behind the fair.
Director: Harshit Jain, Duration : 58 minutes
Venue: IGNCA Auditorium, Media Centre, 3, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi, 5.30pm
Info: (011) - 23388815
December 28 - 30, 2018 Chennai
In its first edition, Malavika Sarukkai’s Kalavaahini Trust
presents DANCE FOR DANCE Festival. In collaboration with Kartik
- Dec 28:
6pm: Arushi Mudgal- Odissi
7.30pm: Jyotsna Jagannathan-Bharatanatyam
- Dec 29:
6pm: Kapila Venu- Kuttiyattam
7.30pm: Rama Vaidyanathan & ensemble present VIVARTANA
- Dec 30:
6pm: Sreelakshmy Govardhanan- Kuchipudi
7.30pm: Shijith Nambiar, Parvathy & ensemble present SAMYOGA
At: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mylapore