February 1 - 28, 2019 Odisha, Delhi, Hyderabad
Schedule for Guru Gajendra Panda & Tridhara.
- Feb 1 & 2, Kesinga, Kalahandi, Odisha: Tridhara presents GANANAYAKA PANCHAKA for
KASINGA MAHOTSHAV, Open Air Theatre, 7pm
- Feb 3, Hyderabad: Sanskruti Kala Niketan presents group Odissi dance led by Guru Sudipta Panda for ODISSI FESTIVAL, Rabindra Bharati, 6pm
- Feb 10, New Delhi: Kala Kalpa present group Odissi dance led by Guru Atasi Mishra for ODISSI FESTIVAL, Indian Habitat Centre, 6pm
- Feb 11, Nirakarpur, Odisha: Group Odissi Mardala by Guru Dhaneswar Swain, Duet Odissi vocal recital by Pt. Ramahari Das and Dr. Bijaya Jena, Sabdanrutya by Brajeswari Sabdanrutya Kala Sasmasad, Bargarh and Group Odissi by Utkalika Sangeet Academy, Nirakarpur, for International Dance & Music Festival, at Open Air, Sri Ramadaya Parisada, 6pm
Organized by Tridhara, Bhubaneswar, in collaboration with Utkalika Sangeet Academy and Shri Ramadaya Parisad, Nirakarpur. Sponsored by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India under National Presence Scheme
- Feb 12, Chhatrapur, Odisha: Duet Odissi dance by Chisato Miura and Rie Kumakura of Japan, Trio - Odissi Mardala, Hindusthani Pakhawaj and Tabla by Guru Dhaneswar Swain, Guru Ramalingam & Pt. Prasenjit Podar, Dalkhai Dance by Guru Dr.Manoj Kumar Behera, Bolangir, for IDMF, at Sanskruti Bhawan, 6pm
Organized by Tridhara in collaboration with Debaprasad Kalatirtha and Angahara Nrutyayana, Bramhapur. Sponsored by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India under NPS
- Feb 13, Bhubaneswar, Odisha: Duet Odissi dance by Guru Gajendra Panda and Swatisagarika Panda for IDMF, at Rabindra Mandap, 6pm
Organized by Sushama Sangeet Sadan, Bhubaneswar, led by Pt. Laxmikant Palit
- Feb 14, Bramhapur, Odisha: RAMALILA from Daspala, Duet Odissi dance by Chisato Miura and Rie Kumakura, solo Carnatic vocal recital by artist from Vishakhapatnam. Group folk dance Chadheya Dance and Ranapa Dance by Guru Jayanta Acharya, for IDMF, at Sanskruti Bhawan, 6pm
Organized by tridhara, Bhubaneswar in collaboration with Debaprasad Kalatirtha and Angahara Nrutyayana, Bramhapur. Sponsored by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India under NPS
- Feb 16, Paralakhemundi, Odisha: Gotipua Nrutya by Guru Bijaya Das, Bhubaneswar, Duet Odissi dance by Chisato Miura and Rie Kumakura, solo tabla recital by Pt.Prasenjit Podar, Kolkata, Group Odissi and Folk Dance by Sri Jagannatha Odissi KalaKendra, Paralakhemundi, led by Guru D. Priyanka, for IDMF, Open Air playground, 6pm
Organized by Tridhara, Bhubaneswar, in collaboration with Debaprasad Kalatirtha and Sri Jagannatha Odissi KalaKendra, Paralakhemundi. Sponsored by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India under NPS
- Feb 24, Bolangir, Odisha: Devotional songs by Dukhisyam Tripathy and Guru Niranjan Behera, RADHAPREMALILA by Tridhara Bhubaneswar, Duet of Carnatic mridangam and Hindusthani tabla and Duet Odissi Dance by Chisato Miura and Rie Kumakura, Group dance by Swara Jhankar, for IDMF, at Open Air playground, 6pm
Organized by Tridhara, Bhubaneswar in collaboration with Debaprasad Kalatirtha, Bramhapur, and Swarajhankar, Bolangir. Sponsored by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India under NPS
- Feb 28, Jatani, Odisha: Duet Odissi vocal recital by Pt. Ramahari Das and Dr.Bijaya Jena, solo Odissi Mardala by Guru Dhaneswar Swain, Dandanata and Dasavatar by Sageeta, Jatani, for IDMF. Odissi Group Dance by Tridhara, at Utarayani Club Auditorium, Damunei Temple premises
Organized by Tridhara, Bhubaneswar in collaboration with Debaprasad Kalatirtha, Bramhapur, and Sangeeta, Jatani. Sponsored by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India under NPS
February 2 & 27, Kolar & Udupi
Schedule for Kavya Kasinathan, Disciple of Mithun Shyam, Vaishnavi Natyashala, Bengaluru.
2nd Feb - Niranthara Nrithyolasa, Kolar, 6 – 7pm
27th Feb - Hejje Gejje Foundation, Udupi Krishna Temple, Udupi - 6 - 7pm
Info : email@example.com / 9341248059
February 3 - 24, 2019 Mangalore, Mumbai, Vrindavan, Bhubaneswar
Schedule for Uma Dogra and Sam-Ved.
- Feb 3: Solo at Gurukula Uthsava, Mangaluru
- Feb 8 & 9: 29th Pt. Durgalal Festival of Dance and Music, at Kalaangan, Juhu, Mumbai
- Feb 17: Uma Dogra with disciple in Mumbai Dance Season, Tata Theatre, NCPA, Mumbai
- Feb 19: Uma Dogra and Group in Sant Surdas Mahotsav, Vrindavan, 7pm
- Feb 22: Kathak solo at Kalahrnisham International Dance Festival, Vashi, Mumbai, 7pm
- Feb 24: Kathak solo, Chhand Ninad Festival of Dance & Music, Bhubaneswar, 6.30 pm
February 9 - 23, 2019 Kolkata, Doha, Jaipur
Ranan tours SHUNYA SE
- 9 Feb: For Kolkata Festival, Indian Museum, Calcutta, 7pm (excerpt)
- 18 and 19 Feb: Festival of India, Doha
- 23 Feb: Navras Festival, Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur, 6.30pm
Production website: https://vikramiyengar.in/portfolio/shunya-se/
February 15, 16, 28, 2019 Kerala
SNA Kutiyattam Kendra presents the following performances.
- Feb 15, Changampuzha Park, Edapally, 6pm: Nangiarkoothu by Dr. Aparna Nangiar
- Feb 16, I.C.K., Thrippunithura, 6pm: Nangiarkothu by Kalamandalam Viswasree
- Feb 28, Theerthapadamandapam, Thiruvananthapuram, 6.30pm: Nangiarkoothu by Kalamandalam Sindhu
Info: 0471-2352121, 2354455
February 20, 2019 Basel, Switzerland
Bharatanatyam recital by Sumitra Keshava invited by Christkatholische Pfarrei Basel
At: Christkatholischer Pfarreiraum, Lindenberg 8, Basel, Switzerland, 3pm. All are welcome.
February 20-22, 2019 Kalady, Kerala
Dept of Dance, Sree Shankara University of Sanskrit, Kalady, presents a 3 day national seminar on EXPLORATION OF THEORY AND PRAXIS, with special focus on BN and Mohiniattam performances.
-Feb 20, 10am: Presentations by Kalamandalam Suganthy, CP Unnikrishnan, and paper presentations.
At 5.30pm, Kalamandalam Krishnapriya (Mohiniattam) and Anju Aravind (BN)
-Feb 21, 10am: Presentation by Manu Master, paper presentations.
At 6pm, Mohiniattam by Sunanda Nair
-Feb 22, 10am: Presentation by Kalamandalam Akshara M Das, paper presentation.
At 6pm, BN by Meenakshi Srinivasan.
At: Sree Shankara University of Sanskrit, Kalady
February 20-26, 2019 Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
KHAJURAHO DANCE FESTIVAL takes place. Entry is free.
February 21 - 26, 2019 Birmingham, UK
Sonia Sabri Company presents SAME SAME…BUT DIFFERENT, mixing Kathak, Contemporary and Street dance, physical storytelling and hints of live music, to create a playful and colourful world, exploring our curiosities and fears, the times we feel different and when we belong. The company invites dramaturg Sue Buckmaster of Theatre Rites & dancers Aakanksha Rawat, Mickael Marso Riviere and Laura Vanhulle to create celebratory dance theatre for everyone.
Thu 21 - Sat 23 Feb 2pm, Fri 22 Feb 11am
Relaxed Performances: Sat 23 Feb 11am & Tue 26 Feb 1pm
Schools Performance: Tue 26 Feb 10.30am
At: Patrick Studio, Birmingham Hippodrome, Hurst Street, Southside, Birmingham, B5 4TB
February 22, 2019 Chennai
Desika Daya Trust presents RAMAYANA SUDHA, a grand multi-media dance production that traces the birth of Rama till the salvation of Sabari, with rich illustrations and captivating music.
Concept, Script and Narration- Dushyant Sridhar
Music- Rajkumar Bharathi, Dance Choreography- Shobana Balachandra
At: Narada Gana Sabha, 6pm to 9pm (ticketed show)
February 22, 2019 Khajuraho, MP
Ganesa Natyalaya presents dance drama YASHODHARA, an episode from the wife of Gautama Buddha at Khajuraho under the Dept. of Culture, Madhya Pradesh.
February 22, 2019 New Delhi
As part of SPICMACAY’s VIRAASAT-2019, dancer Geeta Chandran will showcase Bharatanatyam in her illustrated performance at Hansraj College, Delhi University, 1pm.
February 22 & 23, 2019 Abu Dhabi
Lasyatarangini presents Mohiniattam Arangu featuring Dr. Methil Devika in a Mohiniattam dance concert on the 22nd at 7pm (Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce) and the screening of her short documentary SARPATATWAM on the 23rd at 10.30am (Cinema 2, Cine Royal, Khalidiya Mall). Free entry, but registration required for film screening.
February 23, 2019 Bangalore
KOI SUNTA HAI, an evening of mystical poetry, curated by Masoom Parmar at Nrityagram, desires to share the love for the poetry from the Bhakti and Sufi traditions, which contain within them the message of brotherhood, with audiences from all walks of life. The festival features four refreshing voices in the mystic tradition bringing to us songs from Kabir, Shah Latif, Meera, Khusro, Bulleh Shah and other poets. The singers are Mahesha Raam( belongs to Chhatangadh village near Jaisalmer in Rajasthan, and represents the folk style of the Meghwal community), Sumar Kada (perhaps the one of the only remaining proponents of this rarest of rare music genres called Wai in India), Smita Rao Bellur (Hindustani classical vocalist and Sufi singer from the Jaipur-Kirana Gharana), Shabnam Virmani (award winning documentary filmmaker, founder of The Kabir Project).
At: Amphitheatre, Nrityagram, night long music fest, 5.30pm onwards
February 23 & 24, 2019 Washington DC
Kalanidhi Dance presents WHY WE DANCE, a Kuchipudi dance production as part of Dance Place’s 2018-2019 DISCOVER Season. The production is presented in four movements, each representing one aspect of Kuchipudi that inspires the company to dance. The evening opens
with Heritage, a homage to the artistic, cultural, and philosophical lineage that connects each dancer to her roots. Freedom follows next, presenting dance as a respite from the banal and
often disconnected nature of daily life. In the third movement, Storytelling, Kuchipudi’s rich dance drama tradition of character and narrative expression is showcased through the mythological tale of Savitri and Satyavan. The evening ends with Community, an imaginative
interplay of rhythm and pattern that illustrates how dance creates a camaraderie unmatched by any other relationship in life.
Concept by Anuradha Nehru, Choreography by Anuradha Nehru and Chitra Kalyandurg
Music by Rajkumar Barathi
Saturday, February 23, 8pm / Sunday, February 24, 4pm
Venue: Dance Place, 3225 8th St NE, Washington, DC 20017
February 24, 2019 Bangalore
Natyasaraswathi presents monthly concert of Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi and Perini dances by Thudum Raghupathi, Akanksha Garikapati
Guest of Honour: Shanthi Sarvotham (Chief coordinator,TTD Tamilnadu), Guru Vedantam Radheshyam
Venue: Natyasaraswathi Dance Studio, no 33/3,B.M.Mansion, Behind Essar petrol bunk, opp Geddalahalli bus stop, Sanjayanagar Main Road, Bangalore 560094, 6pm. All are welcome.
Info: 9113217624 / firstname.lastname@example.org
February 24, 2019 New Delhi
Aditi Mangaldas presents solo performance of IMMERSED (extract) for Vasantotsava Festival
Venue: Kamini Auditorium, New Delhi
February 24 - March 4, 2019 Pondicherry
Tantrotsav is a community-organised festival, held over 9 days leading to Mahashivaratri. It is jointly organized by Yogishananda Peetham and Kalarigram. Every year arts practitioners, masters of various philosophical disciplines, students, spiritual seekers, designers, curators across geographies and cultures come together and breathe into the space of Kalarigram to explore, express and exchange knowledge and ideas of their respective disciplines. In its seventh edition, Tantrotsav hopes to delve deeper into the philosophy and various practices of Tantra, Natyashastra, Kalaripayattu, Ayurveda and Yoga.
An artist is residence is immersed in the festival experience, living in the space, attending all physical and emotional demands of the workshops, lectures and performances and open to participating in all the activities of the space.
Masters / practitioners sharing this year: Laurence Morlon (Pralaya Yoga), Lakshman Gurukkal (Kalaripayattu), Balakrishnan Sadanam (Kathakali), Kalamandalam Suresh (Rhythm and Music).
Open to artists and explorers of varying skill levels.
Info: 0413-2622091 | +91-9500188735 | +91-7736656156 / email@example.com
February 25, 2019 Leeds, UK
Rhythmosaic creates another work at Leeds Bekett University to be premiered on 25th Feb. The piece is entitled THE WORDS I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN.
Creation and performance by Ronnie Shambik Ghose, Director, Rhythmosaic
Venue: Leeds Beckett University.
February 25, 2019 Chicago, IL
DePaul Humanities Center: In Conversation with Great Minds -Akram Khan
Less than a week before Harris Theater's US-exclusive presentation of English National Ballet performing Khan's first full-length choreographed ballet--a reimagining of the 1841 classic Giselle that, in Khan's hands, now updates the setting, reimagines that stakes, an unabashedly takes on issues of sex, gender, race, and class--Akram Khan visits the DePaul Humanities Center to talk about Giselle, dance, his life's work, an why the stakes have always truly been high in the arts and humanities.
7pm - Screening of ‘The Six Seasons’ / 8pm - Akram Khan in Discussion
At: DePaul Student Center, 120, 2250 N. Sheffield Ave. Open to the public.
This program is presented in partnership with The Joan W. and Irving B. Harris Theater for Music and Dance.
February 28, 2019 New Delhi
Ranjana Gauhar's senior student Vrinda Chaddha presents a solo Odissi recital RASA MANTHAN - The Churning of Inner Bliss.
At: India Habitat Centre Stein Auditorium, Lodi Road, New Delhi, 7pm
February 28, 2019 Bradford, UK
Mitul Sengupta presents an evening of Kathak and Contemporary dance at Kalasangam, Bradford, an organization promoting south asian art and supported by Arts Council and Bradford Council. Its an evening of one hour Kathak rendition entitled ‘I ILLUMINATE’ and 30 mins of contemporary dance titled DESOLATE, followed by 30 mins of post performance discussion
Desolate Choreography- Ronnie Shambik Ghose
Illuminate 1st part choreography - Ronnie Shambik Ghose and Mitul Sengupta
Music- Dishari Chakraborty, Biswajeet Pal, Bernard D'souza, Munnu Shaw.
Multimedia- Pritha Chakraborty, Costume- Debbie, Rhythmosaic- Rafiq Laskar
Time: 7.30pm onwards