Health Recipes 12: Bergedel Jagung
- Uma Pushpanathan
April 23, 2017
Serves: 15 pieces
Per Serving: 143 calories per 100 gms
Cooking and Presentation Time: 45 minutes
- 2 medium sized corn on the cob
- 4 whole candle nuts or whole macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp white pepper corns
- 4 pips of garlic
- 4 shallots - each cut into quarter
- 5 tbsp spring onions - coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour
- water enough to bind the mixture
- salt to taste
- Pound the nuts till they are fine.
- In a blender put in the pounded nuts, white pepper corns, garlic and shallots.
- Blend till a fine paste.
- Remove the corn from the cob.
- In a mortar and pestle pound it coarse.
- Transfer the corn mixture into a bowl.
- Then add in the blended mixture and the flour and mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- If the batter is not of a dropping constituency, add more water and mix well till you get it to a
a dropping consistency.
- Set it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in frying pan. When oil is hot start frying by taking spoonful of the batter and
dropping carefully spoon by spoon into the batter.
- Fry till it is golden brown.
- Remove onto a plate and drain well.
- Serve hot with a nice chutney or just chilli sauce.
Note: Makes a good filling for a wrap.
Recipe from the kitchen of Uma Pushpanathan
Uma Pushpanathan is a global gourmand and arts enthusiast. Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Uma fuses her South and South East Asian heritage into noteworthy efforts in the field of arts, philanthropy, old age issues and food. A renowned cook and hostess, Uma's kitchen is a reflection of her voracious mind and inherent curiosity about world culture through cuisine.
Post your comments
Unless you wish to remain anonymous, please provide your name and email id when you use the Anonymous profile in the blog to post a comment. All appropriate comments posted with name & email id in the blog will also be featured in the site.