Drishti Art Foundation presents
14th Drishti National Dance Festival
Chowdiah Memorial Hall, 6.15pm
January 19, 2019 Bangalore
January 9, 2019
The 14th edition of the DRISHTI NATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL 2019 celebrating Indian classical dance forms will be held on Saturday, 19th January 2019 at Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Bengaluru. A consistently successful event since its inception, the Drishti National Dance Festival (the brainchild of Bharatanatyam dancer Anuradha Vikranth and her husband T.M. Vikranth) is now a benchmark for all dance festivals in Bengaluru. Having steadily gained renown for creative presentations, stellar performances, pioneering publicity and overwhelming audiences, the Drishti National Dance Festival brings together, in its 14th annual show, some of the fine artists gracing the dance stage.
Date: Saturday 19th January 2019
Venue: Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Vyalikaval, Bangalore
All are welcome.
Kuchipudi dance feature by Vyjayanti Kashi and the Shambhavi Dance Ensemble, Bengaluru
Mayurbhanj Chau by Rakesh Sai Babu and the Trikaya Dance Company, New Delhi
Bharatanatyam dance feature AIKYAM by Anuradha Vikranth and the Drishti Dance Ensemble, Bengaluru
Guru Usha Datar and Carnatic vocalist Pustakam Ramaa will be felicitated with DRISHTI PURASKAR for their contributions to the field of dance.
Ph: 98455 55422 / 98455 55411
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
www.drishtimag.com / www.anuradhavikranth.com
Drishti Art Foundation
Established by Bharatanatyam dancer Anuradha Vikranth and her husband T.M. Vikranth, Drishti Art Foundation is dedicated to nurturing, promoting and propagating classical arts.
Activities of Drishti
* Drishti Art Centre headed by Anuradha Vikranth currently trains many aspiring students in the art form.
* Drishti Media, the designing unit, specializes in designing and printing brochures, magazines and other exclusive publications.
* Drishti Dance Ensemble is a platform to perform provided by Drishti Art Centre to promote young talented dancers.
* Drishti National Dance Festival organized annually since 2006, brings together established as well as fresh talents from various forms of classical dances every year, from across the country. Drishti Dance Festival is noted for creative presentations, stellar performances, pioneering publicity and overwhelming audiences.
* Drishti with others: Organises workshops, seminars and so on in collaboration with other cultural organizations to promote classical arts.
Anuradha Vikranth is known for her creativity, vibrancy and grace. Her boundless thirst for deeper knowledge in the field of dance has strengthened her ingenuity as a fine dancer, an inspiring teacher and a creative choreographer. Over the years, she has created a niche for herself in the field of dance, with her broad artistic vision, expanding her range of skills through several innovations. She has given many performances on prestigious occasions both in India and other countries and won appreciation from critics and art lovers alike.
Anuradha is the founder and director of 'Drishti Art Centre', a premier dance institute, where she imparts training in Bharatanatyam to many aspiring students. She is an 'A' graded artist of Doordarshan. She holds a Master's Degree in Bharatanatyam. She is currently the secretary of World Dance Alliance-Karnataka Chapter. She along with her husband, T.M. Vikranth, is the architect of the annual Drishti National Dance festival since 2006.