Drishti Art Foundation presents
15th Drishti National Dance Festival
Chowdiah Memorial Hall
January 11, 2020, Bangalore
December 29, 2019
The 15th edition of the DRISHTI NATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL 2020 celebrating Indian dance forms will be held on Saturday, 11th January 2020, 5pm onwards at Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Bengaluru. A consistently successful event since its inception, the Drishti National Dance Festival (the brainchild of Bharatanatyam dancer Anuradha Vikranth and her husband T M Vikranth) is now a benchmark for all dance festivals in Bengaluru, having steadily gained renown for creative presentations, stellar performances, pioneering publicity and overwhelming audiences.
The 15th edition of the festival will feature “BHĂRATA NRITYAVAIBHAVA” presenting 15 prominent dance forms of our country by some of the finest artists gracing the dance stage.
Date: Saturday 11th January 2020
Venue: Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Vyalikaval, Bangalore
All are welcome.
BHĂRATA NRITYA SAMBRAHMA featuring 15 prominent dance styles of our country by the eminent artists.
1) Bharatanatyam: AnuradhaVikranth, Bengaluru
2) Odissi: Sharmila Mukerjee, Bengaluru
3) Mohiniattam: Gopika Varma, Chennai
4) Sattriya: Anita Sharma, Assam
5) Kuchipudi: Shama Krishna, Bengaluru
6) Manipuri: Sinam Basu Singh, Manipur
7) Kathakali: Artists of Kerala Kalamandalam, Kerala
8) Kathak: Hari and Chetana, Bengaluru
9) Bharatanrityam: Mahati Kannan, Chennai
10) Chhau: Pt Gopal Prasad Dubey, Bengaluru
11) Yakshagana: Surya N Rao, Bengaluru
12) Kalaripayattu: Ranjan Mullarat and Kalari Gurukulam, Bengaluru
13) Indian Contemporary: Attakkalari Centre for Movement Art, Bengaluru
14) Harikatha: Sharath Prabhath, Bengaluru
15) Janapada Vaibhava (Folk Presentation): Janmabhoomi Janapada Kalasangha, Karasawadi, Mandya
Ph: +91 98455 55422 / 98455 55411
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
www.drishtiartcentre.com / www.anuradhavikranth.com
Lines of activities of ‘Drishti’
• Drishti Art Centre: headed by Bharatanatyam dancer Anuradha Vikranth currently trains several aspiring students in Bharatanatyam.
• Drishti Media, is a unit offering complete designing and printing solutions.
• Drishti Dance Ensemble is a performing unit of Drishti and also a platform to promote young talented dancers.
• DRISHTI NATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL, organized annually since 2006, brings together established as well as fresh talents from various forms of classical dances every year, from across the country. Drishti Dance Festival is noted for creative presentations, stellar performances, pioneering publicity and overwhelming audiences
• Drishti Art Foundation is a trust working for the upliftment of the society and the needy artists through art and culture.
• Drishti with others: Organises workshops, seminars and so on in collaboration with other cultural organizations to promote classical arts.
AnuradhaVikranth is known for her creativity, versatility, vibrancy, and grace. Her boundless thirst for more in-depth knowledge in the field of dance and deep commitment has strengthened her ingenuity to create a niche for herself as an exceptional dancer, an inspiring teacher, a creative choreographer and an able organizer who blends tradition with innovation.
Anuradha is trained in Bharatanatyam by Guru Nirupama and Guru Narmada. She is the disciple of Dr. Padma Subrahmanyam under whom she has undergone intensive training in Karanas and the elements of Natyasastra. She holds a Master’s Degree in Bharatanatyam from Sastra University, Tamil Nadu. Presently, she is continuing her academic pursuit of Ph.D in the field of dance. She is an ‘A’ graded artiste of Doordarshan. Anuradha is the founder and director of ‘Drishti Art Centre’, a premier dance institute, where she imparts training in Bharatanatyam to several aspiring students. She is currently the secretary of World Dance Alliance–Karnataka Chapter.